embassy2kDelegated for exploration of future conditions and circumstances in millenium2k world.
The embassy2k ...
- is an independent and ongoing process.
- was founded in South Africa in 2002.
- has a flexible form of organization.
- is applied exploration of the 2k world.
- explores questions for the future.
- is not linked to any national system or perspective.
- supports the exploration of complex systems as well as ethical dimensions in a 2k world.
- considers art as a field of action rather than symbolic representation.
- involves displaced persons.
- is delegated for the exploration of future conditions and circumstances in the Millennium2k world.
- elicits parts of a 2k matrix in this sense.
2k is a now established term and an abbreviation for the millennium in which we currently live.
Historical perspectives, for example, describe the period between 1700 and 1799 as the 18th century. This approach would describe the period between 2000 and 2999 as the 3rd millennium, thus equally constituting the observers as being outside and not involved. More recent research shows that 'being outside' is not possible, since the observers are not able to prevent a change of the observed by the observation.
Based on this insight, it is more precise to designate an observed time span in a way that also makes the position of the observer clear. In order not to come into conflict with a traditional time span designation, the one used here ties in with a computer terminology in which 2k usually means 2 kilos or 2 thousand.
The term became more widely known in the context of a computer problem that occurred at the turn of the year from 1999 to 2000 and was referred to as the Year2k or Y2k error.
The 2k signature
... can be characterized as...
- indeterminate (with reference to Heisenberg's uncertainty relation)