- GeheimRat is an art process for different structural experiments. Founded in spring 1999. first registration on 06.11.1999, 08:27:32. https://GeheimRat.com
- GeheimRat provides an online matrix for operating in complex systems. Operation Basis (basis for action) with 12 items https://archive.geheimrat.com/2k02/ (currently only accessible with older browsers due to Flash player setting).
- GeheimRat is a reflection layer.
- GeheimRat is a network of researchers from art, science and technology to test and explore new structures in special environments. Please note the difference between official members, temporary members, incognito members and network connections.
- GeheimRat is located at the interface between art, science, technology, society, law and economics.
- GeheimRat operates in and for complex and network structures.
Observation of the observer
In reference to George Spencer-Brown's 'reentry' (in: Laws of Form, 1969), the name GeheimRat itself represents a form of conceptualization and reentry.
From 18.02.2000 until 28.02.2010 Geheimrat was a registered trademark at the German Trademark and Patent Office (dmpa 300 11 615) for various trademark classes.
The possibility of an extension of the trademark registration has GeheimRat 2010 turned down.
Trademark certificate and attestation
The focus of art theory and art production of the GeheimRat is fed by digital positions, new media technologies, experiences of the new economy, web- and computer-based systems. The work of GeheimRat is based on experimentation, hybridization of existing media (analog and digital) and integrates different genres of art practice (net art, photography, video, audio, performance, fields of action ...).
- Generative-Art (preferred definition of Phil Galanter)
- RAM-art (the characteristics in contrast to ROM-art can be found at artLABOR and here).
In the tradition of conceptual art:
A dematerialized dimension of art as a relevant artistic operation. "Concept art is not so much an art movement or vein as it is a position or worldview, a focus on activity. Ken Friedman, [...], San Diego, 1971.“ [Lucy Lippard, Six Years: the dematerialization of the art object from 1966 to 1972, 1973.]
In the tradition of recent philosophical trends:
With the integration of a scientific view, such as that of molecular biology and theoretical physics, GeheimRat is also committed to the perspective of a complexity of the world in place of simplification, trivialization and reduction. The research work focuses on the system URL, the question of Ars Electronica Who's doing the art of tomorrow?, nonlinear sciences, cybernetics, chaos theory, complexity theory, systems theory.
References and tributes to:
- Hannah Arendt
- Dirk Baecker
- Joseph Beuys
- Daniel Buren
- Judith Butler
- Marcel Broodthaers
- Gilles Deleuze
- Marcel Duchamp
- Heinz von Foerster
- Michel Foucault
- Félix Guattari
- Hans Haacke
- Sol LeWitt
- Mark Lombardi
- Pat Metheny
- Brian O'Doherty
- Henri Poincaré
- Bob Projansky
- Seth Siegelaub
- George Spencer-Brown
- Gayatri Chakravorty Spivak
95 theses on online systems, online markets. Some excerpts:
78You want us to pay? We want you to pay attention. 80 Don't worry, you can still make money. That is, as long as it's not the only thing on your mind. 81 Have you noticed that, in itself, money is kind of one-dimensional and boring? What else can we talk about? 91 Our allegiance is to ourselvesÑour friends, our new allies and acquaintances, even our sparring partners. Companies that have no part in this world, also have no future. 94 To traditional corporations, networked conversations may appear confused, may sound confusing. But we are organizing faster than they are. We have better tools, more new ideas, no rules to slow us down.
01 art activate processes. 02 art produce impurities. 03 art ask controverses. 04 art take stand. 05 art break rules. 06 art prove attitude. 07 art set meanings. 08 art guarantee insight. 09 art open visions. 10 art manage changes.
Main Propositions of Complexity
1. Main Proposition:
To understand complexity as solution rather than as problem.
2. Main Proposition:
Loyality to the setting in its complexity.
3. Main Proposition:
Standardisations are inadaequat for decision situations.
4. Main Propositions:
Responsibility is an integral part of each individual human access in/to the world.
http://www.dsrc6.net/222023.html © 2003